hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.10 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 2/4/2015
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 07:43:25 GMT
+1

- Release passed RAT checks
- Unit test suite passes 20/20 times on 7u75, 5/5 with 6u45
- Bootstrapped hadoop1 and hadoop2 test clusters from the tarballs, no
errors, warnings, or failures
- Checked Phoenix compilation with master and 4.0 branches, no compile
issues, Phoenix unit tests pass
- Ran LTT on an all-localhost cluster, 1M keys, no unusual warnings or
errors in the logs
- Ran ITI and ITBLL in an all-localhost configuration
- Tested replication between two small clusters in DR and active-active
peer configurations
- Ran Dima's cool new compatibility checker, see results at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.9_0.98.10RC2_compat_report.html .
There are no issues of concern affecting interfaces or classes meant for
user extension, except VisibilityLabelService (from HBASE-12745), but per
the discussion at the tail of the issue the changes are acceptable.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)