hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] The 1st HBase 0.98.10.1 patch release candidate (RC0) is available, quick vote closing 2/13/2015
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:59:13 GMT
I have made a patch release that adds only HBASE-12979 (commit 75d0855) to
the 0.98.10 release (commit b18bc4b), to fix an inconvenient and difficult
to detect binary compatibility issue affecting our sister project Apache
Phoenix. The changes are minimal over the 0.98.10 release so it should only
be necessary to take a brief moment to inspect the packaging and then cast
a vote on the patch release.

​​​​​The release candidate is available for download at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.10.1RC0/ and Maven artifacts are
also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1064

In Git the source for the release can be checked out using the tag
"0.98.10.1RC0" (d5014b4)

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release
​are:

    HBASE-12979 - Use setters instead of return values for handing back
statistics from HRegion methods

Pleas
​e
vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00 -0800 GMT) on ​February
​13
​ ​on whether or not we should release this as​ ​0.98.10
​.1​
. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)