hbase-dev mailing list archives

From <Yulin...@DELL.com>
Subject com/google/protobuf/Message not found Exception
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 00:38:36 GMT
Dell Customer Communication

Hi All,

I'm getting   NoClassFound exception for /com/google/protobuf/Message while getting connection
to HTable in HBase. I am running HBase server single node on a VM with HBaseClient running
on OSGI Karaf. I'm using the HBase 0.94.15 and Hadoop 1.0.4. I wrapped these two jars as feature
and deployed on Karaf.

Any idea why this exception is thrown on Karaf? Which jar HBase 0.94.15 is using for this
class? Do I need to deploy anything extra on Karaf?

Thanks,

YuLing

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader .java:501)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:42 1)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:41 2)

        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultCl assLoader.java:107)

        ... 64 more