hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org>
Subject Will cut 1.0.0 RC1 this week (possibly tomorrow)
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 04:33:36 GMT
Just a quick heads up,

We are approaching a conclusion to the important issue HBASE-12728. There
are no more blockers to the next RC from what I can see from [1]. So I will
cut the RC1 for 1.0.0 release shortly after when we commit HBASE-12728.

The unit tests are not in the best shape, but I am trying to see whether
that is a blocker as well. In the mean time if you want a particular issue
to be included, please mark it with fixVersion = 1.0.0 and/or ping me.

Lastly, for HBASE-12782, I will try to reproduce it from my side as well,
but we should continue with the RC in the meantime I think. If we find out
that it is critical to fix, we can sink the RC when we find the root cause
(or defer to 1.0.1) if needed. Let me know what you think.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-12728?jql=fixVersion%20%3D%201.0.0%20AND%20project%20%3D%20HBASE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Cheers,
Enis