hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Precommit build (hadoopqa) can now test the patch on branches
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:10:43 GMT
A practice that might be acceptable, if you have a patch for master and one
or more branches ready to go at once, is attach the patch for master to the
"main" issue, open subtasks for each branch patch, attach the respective
branch patches to the subtasks, and set them all to Patch Available state.
Later, committers could commit the patches using the identity of the main
issue and resolve it and the subtasks in one shot. Just a thought.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)