hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Please don't skip fixes to 0.98
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:44:17 GMT
HBASE-10499 is the latest example where there's a problem reported against
0.98 but the fix only goes in to 1.0 (or maybe even only 1.1). Certainly
fixing a problem in more than one branch is burdensome and I don't mind
pitching in for 0.98 backports, but we can't have problems reported against
0.98 remain unaddressed save for my vigilance looking at branch-1 commit
history for fixes people are leaving out. In effect this is a premature
declaration that 1.0 is our stable release. Hopefully that happens very
soon but that is not the case yet.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy