hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Dima Spivak <dspi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Alternative implementations of ClusterManager?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 06:51:59 GMT
Hey folks,

I've been hacking about and trying to start making some contributions to
hbase-it this week, but have encountered a bit of a hurdle that some of you
might be able to help me get over.

In particular, according to the ref guide, cluster management (e.g. killing
RSs, starting a master) is handled by implementations of ClusterManager,
with the default being HBaseClusterManager. This makes sense and is the
source of the shell commands I see when I run things like ChaosMonkey from
the command line when executing an integration test. The ref guide also
states, though, that there are other implementations of ClusterManager,
including one for Apache Ambari that can be plugged in. My questions, then,
are:

1) Where is this Ambari implementation?

2) If I have the implementation in hand, how do I let ChaosMonkey know to
use it and not HBaseClusterManager to handle doing things to my distributed
cluster?

Cheers,
   Dima