hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject 0.94 schedule going forward
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 20:42:20 GMT
Contributions to 0.94 have slowed enough that a monthly cadence no longer makes sense. For
0.94.27 we have just 4 fixes so far, none of which look crucial to me.

Going forward, I will switch to a more on demand mode with a release when one or more of the
following happens:1. Somebody requests a release with a feature or fix.2. In my judgment we
have accumulated enough changes to warrant a release.3. There is crucial correctness or security
fix.
Folks should upgrade to 0.98, but I will continue to make 0.94 releases indefinitely as long
as they are requested/needed/useful.(it's really not much work)

Let me know if you have any concerns.
Thanks.
-- Lars