hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Misty Stanley-Jones <mstanleyjo...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: A face-lift for 1.0
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 04:21:28 GMT
Absolutely fantastic!!! Got pointers to how tweaking the website would work?

In the new year I hope to really get started on a restructure of the Ref
Guide. I've thought about asking to move to AsciiDOC or MarkDown but I'd
like to do a proof-of-concept and see if it really gets us anything we
don't already have with Docbook. It's less of a potential value since we
are not hosted on Github, which has great integration with AsciiDOC and
MarkDown. I'm very interested in improving the look and feel of the doc. I
think a lot of it will be structural -- reorganizing and re-chunking
content.

In the meantime, theming the Docbook is not as hard as you might think.
Have a look at the XSLT files. (I know, famous last words).