hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject A face-lift for 1.0
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 17:46:44 GMT
Heya,

In mind of the new release, I was thinking we should clean up our act a
little bit in regard to hbase.apache.org and our book. Just because the
project started in 2007 doesn't mean we need a site that looks like it's
from 2007. Phoenix's site looks great in this regard.

For the home page, I was thinking of converting it over to bootstrap [0] so
that it'll be easier to pick up theme, either on of our own or something
pre-canned [1]. I'm no web designer, but the idea is this would make it
easier for someone who is to help us out.

For the book, I just want to skin it -- no intention of changing docbook
part (such a decision I'll leave up to Misty). I'm less sure on this
project, but Riak's docs are a nice inspiration.

What do you think? Do we know any web designers who can help out with the
CSS?

-n

[0]: http://getbootstrap.com
[1]: https://wrapbootstrap.com/