hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <e...@apache.org>
Subject NumTables/regions Quota management and RS groups - Core or coprocessors
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 02:50:55 GMT

We were chatting with Francis offline about these two features, which are
both related to NS and multi-tenant deployments.

The issue came up regarding whether these belong to core or they should be
left as coprocessor based implementations.

>From a users perspective, if we leave these as co-processors, I feel that
they won't be used much and unless a very specific reason, most of the
users will not make use of them. However, especially for quotas for
example, I think that they should be enabled by default, and with some
reasonable default values (similar to how linux comes with default ulimit

We just wanted to bring this to dev to see what do you guys think.