hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: First release candidate for HBase 0.99.2 (RC0) is available. Please vote by 12/06/2014
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:07:23 GMT
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Compiling Phoenix master against 0.99.2, I got:
> http://pastebin.com/gaxCs8fT
>
> Some removed methods are in HBase classes that are marked
> with @InterfaceAudience.Private
> I want to get some opinion on whether such methods should be deprecated
> first.
>
> Cheers

I haven't looked through the whole list yet, but I can tell you you'll hit
failures when you get to test compilation due to HBASE-12522. That part, at
least, is expected.

Given the discussion around HBASE-12566, this will probably require more of
a feedback cycle than the RC will allow. Is there any down side to having
that discussion prior to 1.0 instead of holding up 0.99.2?

--
Sean