hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: thinking about supporting upgrades to HBase 1.x and 2.x
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:52:39 GMT
Resurrecting this thread to confirm our plans around upgrades to 2.0.

Early on there was mention of requiring an upgrade to 1.x (from prior to
1.0 release) before users can upgrade to 2.0.

At the moment I'm looking at fixing a problem in the NamespaceUpgrade code
that is only in 2.0. Since the code isn't actually needed for 1.0+
upgrades, I'd prefer to just rip it out.

I didn't see any opposition to this idea, but I just want to confirm. To be
clear, the actual tooling to use this upgrade code has already been
removed, so it would take work to get the upgrade path going again.

--
Sean