hbase-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Thinking of cutting 1.0.0RC on 17th of Dec
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2014 19:35:04 GMT
I've been doing some basic tests over the last few days and its basically
working.  I'll do more -- API compat., etc -- but an RC today or so would
be good I'd say (I think I'm done breaking the build now...)

St.Ack

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> With most of the interface and Client API changes done, it is finally the
> time! Previously, I was thinking of cutting the 1.0.0RC on Dec 15th, but I
> am waiting on some more testing to be done on my side before that. I think
> I can do that in a couple of days, and cut the 1.0.0RC on this Wednesday,
> 17th of Dec. Given that holidays are coming, I think we should have a
> longer 2 week voting period on the release candidate, ending the vote 31st
> of Dec.
>
> Let me know what you think. If you feel that there is not enough time to
> test the bits, we can think of extending the vote period to Jan as well.
>
> Related to the 1.0.0RC, I have written up some guidelines for the new
> branching scheme for post 1.0. It can be found here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cVLxtc9icbtina2hrJCSaHLaZVeg_XfYKXMBaYvI3aA/edit#heading=h.pwj5kzppqac2
>
> We have discussed this in the PMC list, but this is still up for more
> reviews.
>
> Just before the 1.0.0RC, I'll create a branch named branch-1.0, and do the
> RC from this branch. branch-1 will have a pom version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT, and
> will track the 1.1 release. We already have 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 release labels
> in jira. So please feel free to mark the jiras with 1.1.0 if it is
> committed to branch-1 after branch-1.0 is forked.
>
> Let me know what you think,
> Enis
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message