hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Thinking of cutting 1.0.0RC on 17th of Dec
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 05:41:59 GMT
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org> wrote:

> Let me know what you think. If you feel that there is not enough time to
> test the bits, we can think of extending the vote period to Jan as well.
>
> Related to the 1.0.0RC, I have written up some guidelines for the new
> branching scheme for post 1.0. It can be found here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cVLxtc9icbtina2hrJCSaHLaZVeg_XfYKXMBaYvI3aA/edit#heading=h.pwj5kzppqac2
>
> We have discussed this in the PMC list, but this is still up for more
> reviews.
>
> Just before the 1.0.0RC, I'll create a branch named branch-1.0, and do the
> RC from this branch. branch-1 will have a pom version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT, and
> will track the 1.1 release. We already have 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 release labels
> in jira. So please feel free to mark the jiras with 1.1.0 if it is
> committed to branch-1 after branch-1.0 is forked.
>
> Let me know what you think,

Great.

Working on cleaning up transitive includes in client.

Wouldn't have minded getting new htrace in before 1.0.  HTrace just moved
to apache incubator but I think it is at least a week before we'd be able
to get a release out -- too late I'd say unless a second RC.

Would be good to get HBASE-10201 in, disabled by default.

Looking forward to it...

St.Ack