hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Toward the Incomplete 1K
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:24:56 GMT
Hi Cosmin,

I suggest looking at issues of Bug type to start. We can then circle back and look at Improvements
and New Features.

If there is a patch or significant comment, add a brief comment on the issue asking for an
update. Check the number of watchers on the issue. If just the reporter is watching you might
want to ask for an update with an @-mention to me.

If there has been little to no activity on a Bug issue then I think it can be closed if filed
prior to 2014. If you don't have JIRA karma for that we can temporarily grant it. Ping me.
Or tag the issue with the intention as you suggest, with an @-mention to me. What resolution/intention
to use is a judgment call. I suggest:

- If only the reporter would have a clear idea how to proceed, resolve as Invalid. Do this
especially for "test failing" reports without supporting detail.

- If the problem was reported involving an obsolete software version (< 0.98 and not 0.94),
resolve as either Cannot Reproduce or Not A Problem. I think either of those is a valid end
state since we won't try to reproduce the problem now.

- If none of the above hold but the issue was reported before 2014, resolve as Incomplete.

View raw message