hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject 0.94 going forward
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 18:53:07 GMT
Over the past few months the rate of the change into 0.94 has slowed significantly.
0.94.25 was released on Nov 15th, and since then we had only 4 changes.

This could mean two things: (1) 0.94 is very stable now or (2) nobody is using it (at least
nobody is contributing to it anymore).

If anybody out there is still using 0.94 and is not planning to upgrade to 0.98 or later soon
(which will required downtime), please speak up.
Otherwise it might be time to think about EOL'ing 0.94.

It's not actually much work to do these releases, especially when they are so small, but I'd
like to continue only if they are actually used.
In any case, I am going to spin 0.94.26 with the current 4 fixes today or tomorrow.

-- Lars