hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A face-lift for 1.0
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 17:52:47 GMT
+1
I just came across one of the various HBase vs. Cassandra articles, and one of the main tenants
of the articles was how much better the Cassandra documentation was.Thank god we have Misty
now. :)

(not sure how much just a skin would help, but it surely won't hurt)

-- Lars
      From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@gmail.com>
 To: hbase-dev <dev@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:46 AM
 Subject: A face-lift for 1.0

Heya,

In mind of the new release, I was thinking we should clean up our act a
little bit in regard to hbase.apache.org and our book. Just because the
project started in 2007 doesn't mean we need a site that looks like it's
from 2007. Phoenix's site looks great in this regard.

For the home page, I was thinking of converting it over to bootstrap [0] so
that it'll be easier to pick up theme, either on of our own or something
pre-canned [1]. I'm no web designer, but the idea is this would make it
easier for someone who is to help us out.

For the book, I just want to skin it -- no intention of changing docbook
part (such a decision I'll leave up to Misty). I'm less sure on this
project, but Riak's docs are a nice inspiration.

What do you think? Do we know any web designers who can help out with the
CSS?

-n

[0]: http://getbootstrap.com
[1]: https://wrapbootstrap.com/