hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Solomon Duskis <sdus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Table#setAutoFlushTo
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:35:43 GMT
setAutoFlush(boolean) and setAutoFlushTo(boolean) have slightly different
behavior regarding to the deprecated value of clearBufferOnFail.  I have
enough background with the nuances of what clearBufferOnFail actually
does, but I leveraged that difference while making a change related to the
difference while trying to eliminate calls to setAutoFlush(boolean,
boolean).  Some decision should probably be made on how to
handle clearBufferOnFail as part of the setAutoFlushTo(boolean) vs.

>From HTable:

  public void setAutoFlush(boolean autoFlush) {
    setAutoFlush(autoFlush, *autoFlush*);

  public void setAutoFlushTo(boolean autoFlush) {
    setAutoFlush(autoFlush, *clearBufferOnFail*);

  public void setAutoFlush(boolean autoFlush, boolean clearBufferOnFail) {
    this.autoFlush = autoFlush;
    this.clearBufferOnFail = autoFlush || clearBufferOnFail;