hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Checkstyle preference on imports for javadocs
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:38:09 GMT
I'm going through our checkstyle warnings to try to bring things down.

Once of the things getting flagged is unused imports for imports that are
only used in javadocs.

The checkstyle docs on this[1] recommend using fully qualified class names
in such javadocs to avoid introducing a compile dependency just for docs.

I can either update our checkstyle config to count these imports as used,
or I can update our usage guide and the current violators.

Do we have a preference for either of these options?

[1]: http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_imports.html#UnusedImports
--
Sean