hbase-dev mailing list archives

From mail list <louis.hust...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance test about HBase Bucket Cache
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 04:16:44 GMT
hi all,

Recently we are trying to test hbase bucket cache, we use PCIE card (1.1T) for L2 cacheļ¼Œ
and our configuration like below:

<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.ioengine</name>
        <value>file:/export/hbase/bucketcache.data</value>
</property>
<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.size</name>
        <value>921600</value>
</property>
<property>
        <name>hbase.bucketcache.combinedcache.enabled</name>
        <value>false</value>
</property>

We use YCSB workloadb (Read/update ratio: 95/5) do the test, but we got a less Throughput(ops/sec)
than STAT disk without BucketCache.

So I want to know if there is a detailed bucket cache performance test paper which i can refer
to.