hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: .oldlogs arent being cleaned
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 00:44:50 GMT
What happens when you flush all tables - you can do that via the shell, and then issue a log_roll
- also via the shell?HBase needs to keep the logs around as long as there is even a single
edit left in it that is not guaranteed to be flushed to disk.

-- Lars

      From: משפחת ינקוביץ <yaniv_y1@012.net.il>
 To: dev@hbase.apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:54 PM
 Subject: .oldlogs arent being cleaned

Hi,

We have a cluster participating in cycle replication.

We noticed that the .oldlogs folder takes 4.4T (4.4 T    /hbase/.oldlogs).

The  replication is working fine and snapshots are used well right now, but
I noticed that the last oldlogs file was added at October 2014.

Does anyone have any idea why they aren’t being cleaned? Can I delete them?

I am running hbase 0.94.6 (CDH 4.5).

Thanks,