hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Bijieshan <bijies...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Questions about HBase replication
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 05:29:52 GMT
>1.
>Why does "HBase replication" need replicationSink?
>I think replicationSource can do replicationSink's work as well.
>And if we don't use replicationSink, we just need one time I/O.

   ReplicationSink used to apply all HLog edits to peer cluster. If we remove ReplicationSink
from current architecture, so how to send data to peer cluster? Using API "HTableInterface#put"?
   So there's no difference between replication write requests and normal user write requests.
One potential problem is that the replication write request may occupy all the handler threads
on RegionServer, then affect normal user write requests.

>2.
>The queue added HLog path in replicationSource is PriorityBlockingQueue.
>If the queue is full, HLog path cannot be added to the queue.
>How to deal with the situation?

   We didn't limit the maximum size of that queue, right?

Jieshan.