hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WARN messages clarifications
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 17:51:09 GMT
Suppose your OutlierHTable was communicating with a region server which
happened to go through GC pause.
The query would exhibit longer duration compared to one where no region
server goes through GC (assuming other factors being equal: network
traffic, size of data queried, etc).

bq. Is GC pause set on a timer?

I don't think so. It depends on the load region server handles.

Cheers