hbase-dev mailing list archives

From jeevi tesh <jeevitesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase is crashing need help
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 10:55:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm using hbase0.94.3, hadoop-2.2.0 and jdk 1.7.71, single node machine(not
yet made cluster),oracle linux.

Table size of hbase is nearly 2GB ( I checked files under the property
hbase.rootdir)

Now wanted to count the number of rows of data in the above mentioned table.

So i Used this below command

count '<tablename>', CACHE => 1000

It started giving me error

ERROR zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: ZooKeeper exists failed after 3
retries.

After this one very wired things happen in the network all the nodes start
throwing this same above errors.

If a node is already started (I mean I used start-hbase.sh command ). I
won’t have above any issues.

Note: I’m on single node cluster even then how it is affecting the entire
network.? Is it because zookeeper has awareness of the cluster.

I feel like I’m missing some configuration please help me in resolving the
same.