hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>
Subject Submitting a patch for hbase-thrift?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:20:34 GMT

I'm trying to create a good patch for HBASE-12269.
I have a few basic questions about the patch I should submit.

1) In the thrift interface the elements are numbered.
    - Is it better to put "the new thing I'm building" in a logical place
(i.e. somewhere in the middle causing all later fields to get a different
    - or to put it at the end?
2) Apparently the generated thrift code has been committed to version
    - Should the changes in these classes be part of my patch?
    - If so, which version of thrift should be used (0.9.0/0.9.1/... ?) and
what is the 100% accurate correct command to generate them?
    - For my own purpose I created a small shell script so I can repeat the
command I have now (see below). Shall I include this as a separate script
in my patch?

The script I created here is hbase-thrift/generate-thrift-classes.sh
thrift -v --gen java -out src/main/java/
thrift -v --gen java -out src/main/java/

Niels Basjes