hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject On submitting patches...
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 16:34:13 GMT
May I draw your attention to a new section that has been added to our
reference guide on how to submit patches by Sean Busbey and Mighty Misty:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#submitting.patches

It is a nice write-up on how to do patch generation; following the
suggestions you can format your own commit message and on the other side,
the committers job is made a little easier and less prone to error.  Some
of you are already doing as suggested but if you tend toward
making-it-up-as-you-go-along, as is my bent, I suggest you give it a read.

Yours,
St.Ack