hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The 2nd HBase 0.98.7 release candidate (RC1) is available, vote closing 10/15/2014
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 05:38:12 GMT
+1

Launched miniclusters in-tree for each of the hadoop1 and hadoop2 binaries and ran a short
LoadTestTool ingest. No errors or unusual messages in the logs.

Twenty iterations of the unit test suite pass 100% on 7u67 and 8u20

ITI, ITBLL, ITMR, and ITIWE survive on a small 5 slave cluster with security enabled for a
few hours with the chaos agent active.

and Maven artifacts are also available in the temporary repository https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1042/

> The issues resolved in this release can be found here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12327560

> Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00 -0800 GMT)
on ​October ​1​5​ ​on whether or not we should release this as​ ​0.98.7. Three
+1 votes from PMC will be required to release.