hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incrementally scan table
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2014 01:09:46 GMT
To see new KVs in a scan you can set the isolation level (Scan.setIsolationLevel(...)) to READ_UNCOMMITTED.
But note that this is probably not what you want. The scan would not reset of region already
seen, so if tuples are added there you won't see them.
Also with this setting you can see partially constructed rows.

TL;DR: You can't really do that.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: Weiping Qu <qu@informatik.uni-kl.de>
To: HBase Dev List <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:52 PM
Subject: Incrementally scan table

Hi,

I am wondering whether I can incrementally get newly inserted tuples
from hbase scanner instead of rescanning.
It seems that ResultScanner gives me only the tuples from the table
status when I issued the table.getScanner.
Newly inserted tuples would be blocked here.
Is there any possibility to see these new tuples from the old scanner?

Thank you!