hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Second release candidate for HBase 0.99.0 (RC1) is available. Please vote by 09/19/2014
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:29:26 GMT
With JDK1.7, ran 10 times in a row, passed twice only.

Mainly because of TestAssignmentManager and TestReplicaWithCluster.

sts run"; done
hbase-0.99.0-1
Tests in error:

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithClosedNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithOpenedNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-2
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-3
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-4
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithClosedNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-5
Passed

hbase-0.99.0-6
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

testVerifyAccessDeniedForInvalidUserAuths(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityWithCheckAuths):
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after
attempts=35, exceptions:(..)

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithClosedNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

testBulkLoad(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestScannerWithBulkload):
Failed after attempts=35, exceptions:(..)

testCFKeyRotation(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestEncryptionKeyRotation):
Failed after attempts=35, exceptions:(..)

hbase-0.99.0-7
Passed

hbase-0.99.0-8
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-9
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithOpenedNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

hbase-0.99.0-10
Tests in error:

testReplicaAndReplication(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestReplicaWithCluster):
test timed out after 30000 milliseconds

testBalanceOnMasterFailoverScenarioWithOfflineNode(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestAssignmentManager):
test timed out after 60000 milliseconds

With JDK1.7, failed 9 times out of 10 with this:
hbase-0.99.0-2
Tests in error:
  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.http.TestSSLHttpServer: Subject class type
invalid.
  org.apache.hadoop.hbase.http.TestSSLHttpServer

And, as expected, not working anymore with jdk6

Now, from the testing:
- All files under bin/ have the executable flag on Linux. Only .sh files
should.
- Documentation seems fine however, README.txt file contains broken links.
- Checked the signatures, ok.
- Checked the UI
- Checked the logs
- Played with the shell
- Tried hbck

One test which I think should provide a different result:
Create a table: create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 10, SPLITALGO =>
'HexStringSplit'}
Put 10 times the same raw in it: put 't1', 'row1', 'f1:c1', 'TheValue1'
Compact the table: major_compact 't1'
Scan it: scan 't1', {RAW => true, VERSIONS => 10}
Current result: 10 rows.
Expected result => 1 row (versions configured in the table.

If I flush before, it works well. At some point, it make sense.
major_compact looks only at the files, and all my rows were in memory. So
question is, should we automatically flush before we major_compact?

Performance tests are in progress (and all other TestLoadVerifyEtc.). I
will report their results in 2 days from now.

JM