hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could you please stop breaking API compatibility?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:11:28 GMT
We are not changing APIs for the sake of breaking them. We are trying to
gradually move to better and more performant APIs. As others have said
there is now some work going on in the branch-1 branch to stabilize the API
layer for 1.x series of releases. Master branch is scheduled for 2.x series
and accordingly it may contain breaking changes.

branch-1 contains a lot of deprecated APIs that are scheduled to be removed
in 2.x series. Please take a look at the new replacement API in branch-1 to
see whether they make sense or not.

Enis