hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [FAILED] Re: The 1st HBase 0.98.6 release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 9/2/2014
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 17:41:24 GMT
Searching for 'hbase.ResourceChecker(147): before' in
http://server.distparser.com:81/hbase/with_teds_patch/node8/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay-output.txt
showed that testAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart was the first sub-test to be
run:

2014-09-01 08:41:12,266 INFO  [pool-1-thread-1]
hbase.ResourceChecker(147): before:
security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay#testAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart
Thread=295, OpenFileDescriptor=380, MaxFileDescriptor=65536,

What Ram described was different from the problem JMS reported - since
"ABC" and "XYZ" were not written to hbase:labels table, the test would
surely fail.

Cheers

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:53 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <

> To reproduce just ensured that
> in TestVisibilityLabelsWithDefaultVisLabelService the testAddLabels and
> then testVddAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart runs.
> This ensures that the total no of labels is 17 and not 13.
>
> So may be when it runs in Jenkins the order of execution determines the way
> the labels are added or deleted.
> String[] labels = { SECRET, TOPSECRET, CONFIDENTIAL, PUBLIC, PRIVATE,
> COPYRIGHT,
>       ACCENT, UNICODE_VIS_TAG, UC1, UC2 };
> static String[] labels1 = { "L1", SECRET, "L2", "invalid~", "L3" };
>   static String[] labels2 = { SECRET, CONFIDENTIAL, PRIVATE, "ABC", "XYZ"
> };
>
> Count this excluding the repeated confidential, secret and private it gives
> 17.   So may be we can seperate the test cases?
>
> Regards
> Ram
>

> On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org
> > wrote:
>
> > Cool! Glad to see I'm not the only one ;)
> >
> > Since it passed on Jenkins does it mean we need to add some additional
> > tests?
> > Le 2014-09-01 12:20, "ramkrishna vasudevan" <
> > ramkrishna.s.vasudevan@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > > Am able to reproduce this locally. Will try to come up with a patch.
> > >

> > > On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > > jean-marc@spaggiari.org

> and

> install

> http://server.distparser.com:81/hbase/with_teds_patch/node8/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay-output.txt
> > labels

> testAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay):

> > whatever

> http://server.distparser.com:81/hbase/node1/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay-output.txt

> > share

 May be
> we
> > > log

Adding the
> > > label

Adding the
> > > label

> http://server.distparser.com:81/hbase/node1/hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay-output.txt

> were
> > > not

on Mac or Linux.

> > > labels

Spaggiari <

where the logs are
look at them.

this test.

> http://www.spaggiari.org/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay.txt
> > > > > > > > > > >

> http://www.spaggiari.org/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay-output.txt

Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <

> testAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.visibility.TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay)

other file. This is the

> > > hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/<test-name>-output.txt
> and

their worth by