hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject The 1st HBase 0.98.6.1 patch release candidate (RC0) is available, vote closing 9/16
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:31:52 GMT
HBASE-11972 came in after 0.98.6 was released, involving a fix
committed to 0.98.6, where the fix is incomplete and table creation
functionality is affected if security is active. I think it's
necessary to push out a patch release containing the fix for
HBASE-11972 as 0.98.6.1 and then remove the 0.98.6 artifacts. I have
also included on more fix, for HBASE-11963, which is a rare but
serious thread leak in replication we encountered in production at
Salesforce last week. Both of these changes are narrowly scoped and
should be straightforward to assess.

The 1st HBase 0.98.6.1 patch release candidate (RC0) is available for
download at http://people.apache.org//~apurtell/0.98.6.1RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1038/

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release are:

    HBASE-11963 Synchronize peer cluster replication connection attempts

    HBASE-11972 The "doAs user" used in the update to hbase:acl table
RPC is incorrect

I would like to run a short vote for ~24 hours for this patch release,
therefore requesting three PMC vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time
(00:00 -0800 GMT) on Tuesday September 16.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)