hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could you please stop breaking API compatibility?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 17:39:23 GMT
When 1.0 is released we will employ semantic versioning and will
publicly release a document detailing compatibility guarantees you can
expect between major, minor, and patch releases. Until 1.0 is
released, we reserve the right to make breaking API changes in
preparation for 1.0. Note that breaking Java API changes are different
from wire compatibility issues. We do not expect to affect wire
compatibility.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy