hbase-dev mailing list archives

From ashish singhi <ashish.sin...@huawei.com>
Subject Writer for a hfile is rolled though it has not reached max size
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 04:37:01 GMT
Hi all.

When a writer for a column family exceeds the hregion.max.filesize  then we are rolling writers
of all the column families though the writers of the other column family has not exceeded
the max size.
Below is the code snippet from HFileOutputFormat2 class.
{code}
        // If any of the HFiles for the column families has reached
        // maxsize, we need to roll all the writers
        if (wl != null && wl.written + length >= maxsize) {
          this.rollRequested = true;
        }

        // This can only happen once a row is finished though
        if (rollRequested && Bytes.compareTo(this.previousRow, rowKey) != 0) {
          rollWriters();
        }
{code}

Is it a bug or I am missing something ?