hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ​The ​2nd HBase 0.98.6​ ​release candidate (RC​1) is available, vote closing 9/9/2014
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 13:57:01 GMT
-1, HBASE-11876, HBASE-11886

and Maven artifacts are also available in the temporary repository https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1034

> The issues resolved in this release can be found here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12327376
>
> This candidate contains a significant backported change, ZK-less region assignment (HBASE-11546),
thanks to the heavy lifting of Virag Kothari (and original contributors Jimmy Xiang and Virag
Kothari). The new code will not be active unless the configuration setting "hbase.assignment.usezk"
is set to 'false'. If possible please consider testing with this configuration change on a
cluster and/or with the integration tests.

> Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00 -0800 GMT)
on September 9 on whether or not we should release this as 0.98.6. Three +1 votes from PMC
will be required to release.