hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I wonder if it makes sense to restrict the HBase build to one build per jenkins host
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:59:55 GMT
It used to be the case for precommit builds: there was a single worker.
It's much simpler this way.
It seems it has changed, likely less than a year ago. I see on
https://builds.apache.org/computer/H0/load-statistics that there are 2
workers.
We're can't do what we want on these machines, as they are used by other
projects however. In the past, Giri was administrating these machines, I
don't know if it's still the case (Enis? Devaraj? Stack? Do you guys know?)

I guess that the root issue is that hdfs & other builds are not
parallelized as HBase are, so they need multiple workers to really use the
multiple cores of the build env...

Nicolas