hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.5 is now available for download
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:03:03 GMT
Hi Andrew,

they are looking for a way to get as less emails as possible but get only
the very important one like the releases announcements. So first idea was
to register to the announce@apache where this is about 40 emails a month.
But we are not there. They can for sure look into the website, but it's not
as efficient as a push process like a mailing list.

I can see other Hadoop ecosystem projects announcing on the mailing list
for last digit releases like [ANNOUNCE] Apache Sqoop 1.4.5 released
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201408.mbox/ajax/%3CCAOvM-chFPXjW-1YWXFUfrGHE-bw%2BE%3DKN534k1UgH-CrprDJcYQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E>.
I would say, might be nice if we do the same.

JM