hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: thinking about supporting upgrades to HBase 1.x and 2.x
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:24:22 GMT
My opinion:

If we have support for 0.98 to 1.00, support from 0.94 to 1.00 might be
pretty the same thing.

After that, 2,0 might be far in the future. So 0.94 to 2.0 direct I'm not
sure it's required. 1.0 to 2.0 we need to sure. People looking to upgrade
from 0.94 to 2.0 might have to go to 1.0 first? I don't think it will be a
big constraint. But still, it all depends on the effort of work required to
implement upgrade from 0.94 to 2.0. If it's simple, let's to it. Else,
let's ask people to migrate to 1.0 first.

Just my 2 ยข ;)