hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase 0.94.23 release candidate is available for download
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:37:48 GMT
Here are the results of my testing. Some "failed" flags are green because
expected and not show stoppers.

Downloaded the file, checked signature => *Passed*
Checked content (ReadMe, doc, etc.) => *Passed*
Run all tests with JDK 6 => *Passed*
Run all tests with JDK 7=> *Passed*
Run all tests with JDK 8 => *Failed* (Expected)
Checked licenses => *Failed* (Too many unapproved licenses: 451)
Rolling Restart => *Failed*, but most probably because of me. Wrong cluster
state when started.
Checked logs and UI => *Passed*
Stopped cluster, merged 16 regions to a single one, restart, HBCK =>
*Passed*
Ran major compaction on the same table, confirmed it got splitted back into
multiple regions, confirmed transition after balancing => *Passed*
Create, put, get, scan from shell => *Passed*
Performances tests in progress. Result will be posted in 3 days.
IntegrationTestLoadAndVerify => *Failed* REFERENCES_CHECKED=9855029 should
be 10000000. Same issue as previous release.
LoadTestTool => *Passed*
IntegrationTestBigLinkedList => *Passed*

So so far I'm +1 with this release. I might adjust this if I find anything
wrong with the performances, which I doubt. Jumping on 0.98 now ;)

JM