hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Ozhan Gulen <ozhangu...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase memstore size
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 09:18:21 GMT
Hello,
In our hbase cluster memstore flush size is 128 mb. And to insert data to
tables, we only use bulk load tool. Since bulk loading bypasses memstores,
they are never used, so we want to minimize memstore flush size. But
memstore flush size is used in many important calculations in hbase such
that;

region split size = Min (R^2 * “hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size”,
“hbase.hregion.max.filesize”)

So setting memstore value smaller or "0" for example,  results in some
other problems.
What do you suggest us in that case. Setting memstore size to 128 holds
some memory for tens of regions in region server and we want to get rid of
it.
Thanks a lot.

ozhan