hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Ruby scripting in HBase?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:23:29 GMT
Hey Cos,

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread on what kind of compatibility
needs have to be met when updating the shell, which is the vast majority of
our jruby.

*http://s.apache.org/tFV <http://s.apache.org/tFV>*

Can we combine discussions into one place over there?

Ideally, I'd like to replace the jruby (at least for user facing
operational needs) with a pure-java implementation that can cut down on
size while getting faster. Unfortunately I got caught up in some work and
the thread went quite. I'm going to try to address Stack's concerns
tomorrow.

My hope is that we can have language appropriate client bindings for folks
who'd like to build their own tooling in a scripting language.

--
Sean