hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Making changes to older version
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 03:17:02 GMT
After you have a fix for HBASE-11699 ready to go for master, the release
managers for prior branches will make sure it's fine to include in the
earlier releases they're the stewards for.

Presuming it makes it into the branches that have the reserved namespace,
and the release manager for 0.94 was amenable to the idea, you'd make a
patch specific to 0.94 that used some other mechanism.

The details of that mechanism are best left to the JIRA, after there's a
solution for master that the community agrees is ready to push.

--
Sean