hbase-dev mailing list archives

From tobe <tobeg3oo...@gmail.com>
Subject A better way to migrate the whole cluster?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 03:18:45 GMT
Sometimes our users want to upgrade their servers or move to a new
datacenter, then we have to migrate the data from HBase. Currently we
enable the replication from the old cluster to the new cluster, and run
CopyTable to move the older data.

It's a little inefficient. It takes more than one day to migrate 1.8T data
and more time to verify. Can we have a better way to do that, like snapshot
or purely HDFS files?

And what's the best practise or your valuable experience?