hbase-dev mailing list archives

From tobe <tobeg3oo...@gmail.com>
Subject Set SO_REUSEADDR to restart the service faster
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 12:44:45 GMT
We have deployed a large HBase cluster in our production environment.
Sometimes a few region servers crash and we have supervisord to bring them
up. Occasionally it shows "address always in use" because the operation
system doesn't release the port immediately.

Recently I read something about socket and SO_REUSEADDR. Can we use
SO_REUSEADDR for our service to reduce the time of waiting the port?

It's not problem. Just Curiosity.