hbase-dev mailing list archives

From gabriela montiel <gabriela.mont...@oracle.com>
Subject Bucket cache configuration
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:04:01 GMT
Hello,

We are working on performance tunning on HBase 0.98 CDH 5.1 using bucket
cache. We were able to set up the bucket cache configuration on all
storage nodes but we wanted to know further details on how the
MaxDirectMemorySize is related to the bucket cache size and the Java
heap size. How does the MaxDirectMemorySize affects performance in HBase?

Our current configuration is the following:

<property>
<name>hbase.bucketcache.ioengine</name>
<value>offheap</value>
<source>hbase-site.xml</source>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.bucketcache.percentage.in.combinedcache</name>
<value>0.8</value>
<source>hbase-site.xml</source>
</property>
<property>
<name>hbase.bucketcache.size</name>
<value>10000</value>
<source>hbase-site.xml</source>
</property>

-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=12g -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:-CMSConcurrentMTEnabled -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70
-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled
Java Heap Size: 12G

Thanks,

Gaby