hbase-dev mailing list archives

From gabriela montiel <gabriela.mont...@oracle.com>
Subject Create custom filter on HBase 0.96.1.1-cdh5.0.1
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2014 23:18:21 GMT
Hi all,

I have been working on migrating a custom filter used in HBase 0.94 to
make it work on HBase 0.96.1.1. This custom filter extends the
FilterBase API and receives only two byte arrays. According to the
documentation both toByteArray() and parseFrom(byte[]) should be
implemented. After adding this APIs, copying the jar to all region
servers and restarting HBase, I noticed that the filter is not working
(all records are retrieved). I don't get any errors, but checking out
the trace the constructor and toByteArray() APIs are only called but no
other operation on the filter is executed.

I saw that you need to use FilterProtos from the protobuf to write/read
the byte array to rebuild the filter, however there is no documentation
on how to update these APIs to add my custom filter. Do you have any
idea on what we are doing wrong?

Thanks,

Gaby