hbase-dev mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Will cut 0.99 first RC on Sep 2
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:38:44 GMT

 From: Enis Söztutar <enis@apache.org>
To: "dev@hbase.apache.org" <dev@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 11:35 AM
Subject: Will cut 0.99 first RC on Sep 2

This is past due but I was focussed elsewhere. I am thinking of cutting the
first RC for 0.99.0 release on Sep 2.

As a reminder, this will be a developer release, not for production. There
will be no guarantees for backwards and forwards binary / source compat.
But this release will allow us to test compatibility for eventual 1.0 which
should support rolling upgrades from 0.98 and migration from 0.94.

There has been some progress on the API front (thanks to Carter and others)
and I intend to continue on this line of work (HBASE-10602 etc) before
final 1.0 which should not be long.

Some major portion of other subtasks of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10856 are still open. I'll be
more active in kicking these out unless there is some progress around it.
Feel free to leave a comment here or in the issue, if you want to get your
issue in.