hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thinking about rolling 0.98.5RC0 on August 4
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:29:05 GMT
Hey Andrew,

I will be off for 2 weeks between 7/26 and 8/10. Obviously I cannot review
patches for branch-1 in a timely manner in that time window.

I think we can do either:
 1. we commit patches that you accept to 0.98 to branch-1 as well. I'll go
over the patches once I am back, and hopefully before the RC vote ends
(though I do not expect we will need to revert a patch).
 2. commit patches to master only (except bug fixes) and I'll do a bulk
review when I get back and then you can spin the RC.

At this stage of branch-1, I think most of the patches applicable to 0.98
should be acceptable to branch-1 as well, so I would recommend we do 1.
What do you think?

BTW, I also intend to spin the first 0.99.0RC around Aug 12.

Enis