hbase-dev mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase Failover
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2014 05:10:07 GMT
-dev (bcc) +user

Hello Jinal,

Can you pastebin the logs from both HBase masters? When this failover
occurs, was the HBase master process killed or all services in that node
killed? When the HBase master dies it takes about 1 min (default RPC
timeout)  for the standby HBase master to transition to active and it is
expected that clients that use the HBase master can get a connection
refused exception until the standby master becomes an active master.

However if your run other services in the same node like ZooKeeper and you
also run clients on the same node make sure that hbase.zookeeper.quorum is
configured correctly and has the 3 ZooKeeper nodes, otherwise clients
running on this node will get a connection refused from localhost.

cheers,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.